With this policy, we will explain what, how, and why we collect information when you communicate with us, use our services, or visit one of our Websites. We also describe the specific ways we use and disclose the information. We fully respect all wishes for confidentiality of personal information that is disclosed to us and we are aware of the need for appropriate protection and management of any personal information we receive. We will never sell information about you and other users.
- Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device). Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but this can be prevented by making changes within your browser.
- Data Controller
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
The Data Protection Principles
This policy aims to ensure compliance with the GDPR. The GDPR sets out the following principles with which any party handling personal data must comply. All personal data must be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject.
- Collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes. Further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes.
- Adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. Every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that is inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which it is processed, is erased, or rectified without delay.
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed. Personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes, subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the data subject.
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
Who are we?
Engineered Lifting Systems & Equipment Inc. (ELS) provides standard and custom overhead material lifting systems and equipment on time, on budget, while exceeding the expectations of our domestic and international customers. We manufacture material handling products, including the Destuff-IT line of products. Our head office is located in Elmira, Ontario, Canada.
The Websites are controlled by ELS, unless a website identifies in its terms or otherwise that it is controlled by another ELS entity. Our web site may contain links to other web sites and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
What personal information do we collect from you?
ELS collects personally identifiable information such as names, addresses, email addresses, phone number (if provided), IP address, and the interest you have in our products. These types of data are only collected when you provide such data voluntarily to us and/or when you have given your consent.
We may collect other types of data in various ways:
- ELS records information submitted via the contact form for the purpose of processing your comments, questions or suggestions.
- Furthermore, we automatically collect data about your visits to and usage of our Websites. The personal data may include your IP address, operating system, browser ID, browsing activity and other data on how you interacted with our Websites. We collect this data for purposes such as calculating usage levels, finding server problems, and administrating the Websites. We may derive approximate location data and company details from your IP address. For more information about cookies, please read our Cookie Declaration.
We kindly ask you not to send us any sensitive personal information such as information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions religion or other belief, health, biometric or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership.
Our business and related services as well as the web pages are not intended or designed to attract children at the age of 18 years or younger.
How we may use your personal information:
Your data may be processed for the following purposes:
- to contact you regarding sales, services, and newsletters you have requested,
- to provide the services and newsletters you have requested,
- to carry out surveys about how to improve our service to you,
- to generate statistics on the use of our Websites to determine the effectiveness of our activities,
- to improve our services, and
- for other purposes directly requested by you.
With whom do we share your personal information:
ELS may disclose your Personal Information internally to any ELS group company for the use and purposes listed above. The reason is that we aim at giving you the best service.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties, when we:
- use third party entities for the hosting of our website and other services;
- use an external email marketing system to handle newsletters on different marketing and sales topics;
- use third parties in events that you register for to facilitate your participation in such events;
- use a CRM system to manage personal data on relations that we have been communicating with either via email, phone or in person;
- process orders in our ERP system by use of a minimum of your personal data;
- use an external customer experiences system to collect feedback on how ELS performs;
- and when we are obliged to disclose your Personal Information under applicable law and regulation, which may include laws outside your country of residence.
ELS uses data processors and your personal data may then be transferred to and stored by third party specialists engaged by ELS. Third party processors and ELS will cooperate in the provision of the content and service you request, while safeguarding that the confidentiality of your data and taking the necessary technical and organizational measures, i.e. by encryption to protect your data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alternation, unauthorized disclosure or abuse and other unlawful processing.
ELS will keep your data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. ELS may have to store data in order to comply with a legal retention requirement. We may keep data in an anonymized form for statistical purposes as opposed to deleting your data.
Your data rights
You may opt-out from receiving marketing related emails from us on an ongoing basis. You must use the unsubscribe link in the marketing material. We will comply with your request immediately thereafter.
If you have comments or questions related to our handling of your personal data or if you want to access, update, change, or delete any of your personal data, you can contact us by using the CONTACT US form on our Website or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Our postal address is:
Engineered Lifting Systems & Equipment Inc. (ELS)
275 Union Street
Elmira, ON, Canada N3B 3P1
If you are of the opinion that we process or have processed your personal data unlawfully, you may lodge a complaint to the appropriate authority or the supervisory authority of your country of nationality.
Last updated: 3 May 2018